If you are a trade customer, the terms and conditions of your account will apply.
Please read carefully before purchasing any goods. Our full terms and conditions of sale are available on our website and on request. Please ask for a copy before purchasing.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Subject to, and without limiting, your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, Tradelink will only accept the return of goods on the terms set out below.
1) Tradelink will accept the return of goods and provide you with a credit where you are returning the goods because of your error in:
a. ordering the type/style/model of the goods; or
b. selecting the goods for their suitability to applications; or
c. ordering the quantity of the goods,
PROVIDED THAT the goods:
d. are returned to Tradelink within 30 days of the invoice date; and
e. the request for return of the goods specifies the original invoice number in respect of those goods; and
f. you agree to pay, on Tradelink’s request, a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the credit claim for the goods to be returned.
2) Except in the case of a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law and subject to clause 3 below, you are not entitled to return any goods which have:
a. been custom made, custom cut, custom processed or specifically acquired for you; or
b. where the goods are not in brand new or unused condition with undamaged packaging as at the date of their proposed return; or
c. where the goods have been damaged due to installation contrary to manufacturer’s instructions.
3) Tradelink will accept the return of defective goods and arrange for the repair or replacement of such goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s conditions of warranty. If the defect amounts to a minor failure under the Australian Consumer Law, Tradelink will decide whether to offer a repair or replacement. If the defect amounts to a major failure under the Australian Consumer Law, you can decide whether to accept a replacement or refund.
4) If you require goods to be delivered to a nominated building site, then you authorise Tradelink to deliver those products to that site and leave them there whether or not anybody is present to accept delivery. Tradelink is not liable on any basis for any loss or damage you may suffer after delivery to that nominated delivery site.
5) To the full extent permitted by law, Tradelink expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and undertakings except as set out in these terms and Tradelink’s full terms and conditions of sale.